Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Message From Bob Burden

The one and only Bob Burden sent the following message to our office today..


Secret Transmission # 386
At five minutes and six seconds after 4 AM on the 8th of July this year,
the time and date will be -- 04:05:06 07/08/09.
This will not happen again for a thousand years.
If we miss it we will have to wait.
If we wait we will be disappointed.
If we are disappointed we shall be, in a way,
now free from that which disappointed us.

Posted by Hugo Saltine.
This transmission has been approved for all frequencies.

6 comments:

Vic Sage said...

Call me. I'll be up.

Stewed Hamm said...

We don't have to wait a thousand years for that sort of phenomenon... Just until 5:06:07 AM on August 9, 2010.

Bob Burden's not very good with dates is he? I suppose that goes a long way towards explaining his publishing schedule.

Anonymous said...

I can only assume, Hamm, that the exact counting of 4:05:06 7/08/09 is what Burden shall never be witness to until the yearly count reaches 3009 again.

Clearly the chronological dates of 5:06:07 8/9/10 hold no meaning or special interest for Burden.

That particular phenomenon he has graciously made the Lightbulb Detective Agency aware of may only be reached a thousand years into your future unless of course you have an agreement with the Chrononauts guild.

Stewed Hamm said...

By 3009, we'll be on the Alkadian calendar, and they use colors rather than numbers.
... or at least that's what I heard.

By that time, Bob Burden might have come out with another whole 4 or 5 issues of Flaming Carrot, too.

Vic Sage said...

True to my word I stayed up. It was grate! I mean it, a grate appeared in the middle of my bedroom floor.

In a thousand years I'm going to be ready for some spelunking when that thing appears again.

I bet there is some candy down there!

Vic Sage said...

Tom Waits' odd hand gestures when explaining the psychofrakulator were the result of him writing his dialogue on his fingers and reading the words as he went along.

Just thought I should add that...Bob would like to know.